Duly noted, and while there seems to be solid support behind the
semantics of returning a URL, I'm not convinced the syntax argument is
over yet either. I have seen support and good arguments from both sides
and there isn't a clear winner there (see the other thread). Speaking as
an individual member, I could go with either approach and I'd like to
see what the rest of the WG wants.

Speaking now as an editor: It's been suggested off-list that we adopt
the simplified (bespoke) mechanism of the "registration_access_url"
syntax for the next draft and continue to move discussion forward for
the inclusion of the more-general mechanism (beit HAL based or something
similar like JSON-LD) here on the list. Would you and the other HAL
supporters be amenable to this solution? I wouldn't be opposed to adding
a kind of "note for discussion" section to the -06 draft to help
facilitate moving forward in a concrete manner, with the assumption that
the text would be either removed or incorporated in a later draft. I
just have to put a stake down somewhere on the syntax, and I'm leaning
towards the one that doesn't add a normative dependency on an unfinished
(as of right now) work.

-- Justin