2013/2/14 Justin Richer <jric...@mitre.org>:
> Duly noted, and while there seems to be solid support behind the
> semantics of returning a URL, I'm not convinced the syntax argument is
> over yet either. I have seen support and good arguments from both sides
> and there isn't a clear winner there (see the other thread). Speaking as
> an individual member, I could go with either approach and I'd like to
> see what the rest of the WG wants.

Thank you. I wanted to raise a voice that while the need for the
returning the URL
seemed to have come to a consensus, the syntax has not, unlike Mike wrote.

> Speaking now as an editor: It's been suggested off-list that we adopt
> the simplified (bespoke) mechanism of the "registration_access_url"
> syntax for the next draft and continue to move discussion forward for
> the inclusion of the more-general mechanism (beit HAL based or something
> similar like JSON-LD) here on the list. Would you and the other HAL
> supporters be amenable to this solution? I wouldn't be opposed to adding
> a kind of "note for discussion" section to the -06 draft to help
> facilitate moving forward in a concrete manner, with the assumption that
> the text would be either removed or incorporated in a later draft. I
> just have to put a stake down somewhere on the syntax, and I'm leaning
> towards the one that doesn't add a normative dependency on an unfinished
> (as of right now) work.

FYI, I have not suggested to reference HAL or other unfinished specifications,
but incorporate the syntax. If there is to be a reference, then that is for the
curtesy and will be an informational reference.

As to the actual editing is concerned, may I suggest the reverse: i.e.,
keep the current text (-05) and add a note for discussion.
It is customary in the standardization process that the change to the text
is not to be incorporated until the resolution from the comments are reached.
If the text is changed, then it means that the resolution is reached,
which is not the case. Even "ne bis in idem" may kick in, which effectively
prohibit the change back.

Nat