No problem, Georgia. :)

On 06/04/2013 02:10 PM, George Fletcher wrote:
Argh! Typos (due to iPhone? no bad brain <-> hand connections). Sorry Justin!

On 6/4/13 1:56 PM, George Fletcher wrote:
+1 for leaving dyn reg as is and working on a profile that enables this more domain specific scenario. I agree with Phil and Justine that it's important... I just don't think it should be put in the core dyn reg spec.

Thanks,
George

On 6/4/13 12:45 PM, Justin Richer wrote:
I agree with the goal of standardizing on identifying software instances, but I think it's out of scope to do so inside of dynamic registration when most dynamic registration use cases don't need it and won't use it. I think that you've got to define discovery, assertion contents, and a few other things in order to make it work and interoperable across different services. Do we really want to define assertion formats and server/client discovery and processing rules inside of dynamic registration? I really don't think that's beneficial, either to dynamic registration itself or to the problem that the software instance tracking is trying to solve.

If this gets proposed as a separate document, I will support it and I will help work on it. Heck, I'll even help edit the thing (or things) if people want. But I strongly believe that it's a separate concern from dynamic client registration, and I think it needs to have its own proper discussion apart from that.

 -- Justin

On 06/04/2013 02:28 AM, Phil Hunt wrote:
Yes. However the contents and format are out of scope.

Phil

On 2013-06-03, at 22:32, Torsten Lodderstedt <tors...@lodderstedt.net <mailto:tors...@lodderstedt.net>> wrote:

Hi Phil,

isn't the initial registration token such a credential, which allows to co-relate different instances of the same software?

regards,
Torsten.

Phil Hunt <phil.h...@oracle.com <mailto:phil.h...@oracle.com>> schrieb:

    Finally i believe the bb+ doesn't have the issue because they are solving
with an initial authn credential that contains the same info.

    My feeling is that this functionality needs to be standardized one way or
another.

    Phil

    On 2013-06-03, at 19:16, Derek Atkins <de...@ihtfp.com