So is the intent to provide an enterprise authentication claim? I would think
that the proposal would use JWT as the token and then define the appropriate
claim in the JWT

From: oauth-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:oauth-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Phil
Hunt
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 1:14 AM
To: oauth@ietf.org WG
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Fwd: New Version Notification for
draft-hunt-oauth-v2-user-a4c-00.txt

FYI.  I have been noticing a substantial number of sites acting as OAuth
Clients using OAuth to authenticate users.

I know several of us have blogged on the issue over the past year so I won't
re-hash it here.  In short, many of us recommended OIDC as the correct
methodology.

Never-the-less, I've spoken with a number of service providers who indicate
they are not ready to make the jump to OIDC, yet they agree there is a desire
to support authentication only (where as OIDC does IDP-like services).

This draft is intended as a minimum authentication only specification.  I've
tried to make it as compatible as possible with OIDC.

For now, I've just posted to keep track of the issue so we can address at the
next re-chartering.

Happy to answer questions and discuss.

Phil

@independentid