On 30/07/14 04:45, Eve Maler wrote:
I would say that if an RS and AS are relatively tightly coupled and have
established their trust "off stage", then the RS will know where to go
and how to interpret the results.
+1. It is an obvious answer, there has to be a trust established between RS and AS. let me ask Phil: How does RS know today, when it asks AS to return the info about a given token that the AS endpoint is authoritative ?
Thanks, Sergey
If an RS and AS are entirely loosely
coupled, then there are a number of options for trust establishment for
which UMA provides one solution, leveraging an OAuth-protected token
introspection endpoint and an endpoint discovery mechanism.

(BTW, I first wrote about this usage of token introspection on this list
in November 2012
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg10230.html>,
where I distinguished "shallow" and "deep" options for RS/AS communication.)

Eve

On 29 Jul 2014, at 6:17 PM, Phil Hunt <phil.h...@oracle.com