When we did the implementation there was no S256 transformation defined or
made MTI for the server. I'm pretty sure it was http://tools.ietf.org/html/
draft-sakimura-oauth-tcse-03

Thus, our server supports only the "no transformation" (as it was called
then) or the "plain" code_challenge_method (as it's called now).

It is compatible with the latest version of the draft for a client using
the "plain" code_challenge_method (thank you to everyone for maintaining
that). But wouldn't work for the "S256" code_challenge_method as it didn't
exist at the time we implemented.