Section 4.1.1 describes the parameters of the *authorization* request, not
the token request. After the user approves the scope in the authorization
request, the client exchanges the code for the access token. I'm talking
about the token request, where there is no scope parameter listed, section
4.1.3 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-4.1.3

----
Aaron Parecki
aaronparecki.com