No, client id_are scoped by issuer.

There is no need for AS to make the client_id globally unique.

 The client needs to not allow two AS to provide it with the same issuer
client_id pair.

That would probably be imposable for many clients anyway.

For Connect clients typically manage configurations using issuer as the primary
key.  I doubt may would support even two client_id from the same issuer.

For OAuth what clients do is slightly less clear.  In general they don’t have
more than one AS per API do might try and organize things by RS or AS.

In principal a OAuth client might have two different AS each with a different
client ID and that will be OK as long as the client_id in the request is the
same as the one in the response.

So going to a new AS and getting back the same iss and client_id that you
registered someplace else would be an error for the client.

I don’t think that is unreasonable.

John B.