If the client specifies the resource it wants the token for, then the meta-data
would not be required unless the resources the token is good at are different
from the request.
Lat is the same logic as scopes.

For backwards compatibility if the client is happy with the default resources
based on scopes then I think it is a good idea to tell the client what the
resources are in the response.

I suspect that it is simpler with less optionality and always return the
resources, even if they are not required.

John B.