FYI, A few years ago I did a demonstration on OpenID Connect at Cloud Identity
Summit using a collection of bash scripts and command-line utilities (nc, jq).
I used the macOS system command ‘open’ to launch a browser, and netcat to field
the response as a poor man’s HTTP endpoint.  The code for that presentation is
at
https://github.com/dwaite/Presentation-Code-OpenID-Connect-Dynamic-Client-Registration

A few options for the user challenge/consent portion of the authentication are:
- pop up the system browser (you can use window.close() to dismiss on redirect
back to your client) - thats the one I used.
- device flow
- use a console browser like lynx or ELinks (which has rudimentary ecmascript
support at a fairly big cost)
- use non-HTML request/response API (around some custom MIME type) to drive a
user agent through the authentication/scope approval/etc stages of your AS
- punt and use resource owner credentials grant.

-DW