The need is in the distributed OAuth draft, which has more detail of its use
case. The problem with using either the token or authorization endpoint as the
sole identity of the auth server is that Oauth doesn’t stick to just one of
them and there’s no solid way to tie them together apart from AS discovery.

— Justin

On Nov 6, 2018, at 12:35 AM, David Waite