I agree that there's a problem regarding the scope of this BCP .   Or at
least, I'm confused.

Is this BCP supposed to be all about the architecture where the browser
holds the token(s)?
If so, then

a) let's just put that out front and center: that's the context of this
BCP. That's what's meant by "browser-based application."
b) It really IS limited to public clients.
c) 6.2 simply doesn't belong: it is describing a different architecture.

If, on the other hand, 6.2 is to be retained, it needs to be rephrased from
saying the OAuth is not the right solution. Oauth can/will still be used,
but the token(s) will be used server side, not client/browser side.

- Leo