Daniel,

Thank you for your feedback!

We’re definitely interested in aligning with FAPI and with the proposed OAuth
2.1, as that could greatly simplify what we need to specify in our enterprise
profiles if we can point to one or both as a baseline, and help provide a
common set of requirements for implementations.  We’ll compare with the FAPI
2.0 Baseline profile and bring any specific comments over to its mailing list.

Generally we stated requirements as mandatory that we believe many current
implementations already can meet, and stated requirements as recommended that
we want to encourage implementations to meet. For example PKCE seems to be
widely implemented by authorization servers but not yet by many clients.
Certainly we’re open to input, and I’m glad to see the strict requirements that
are in the current version of the FAPI 2.0 Baseline profile.

By “front-end web server” we mean a user-facing (user connects to it from their
browser) web server (running on a separate endpoint from the user
agent/browser). The web server is acting as an OAuth client to call a backend
protected resource (such as a database) on behalf of the user and generally
presenting the results back to the user agent/browser.  We will try to clarify
our terminology. This use case is described in our profile’s section 1.5.1.
(Part of the motivation of our use case text is to describe how OAuth can
address enterprise needs to those who may be unfamiliar with OAuth.)

We’ll fix section 3.7, thanks!

That’s a good point about Section 6 of our profile and the Security BCP. We
already took the contents of the Security BCP into account throughout the
profile. One thought is to just remove our Section 6, as the TLS requirement is
already stated elsewhere, and the blanket statements to comply with RFC6749 and
RFC6819 appear redundant and could complicate compliance testing.

Thanks,
Mike