https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-1-00.html#name-bearer-tokens

It seems recently more and more common to pass the access_token to some RS
via a cookie, yet 7.2.1 says it defines two methods. I think we need some
RFC2119 <https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-parecki-oauth-v2-1-03.html#RFC2119>
keywords
here, to suggest that either SHOULD use one of these two, or MUST. And then
optionally state whether or not we recommend or reject the use of cookies
as a place for access tokens. It's also possible that the language threw me
off, because would an access token in a cookie be a bearer token, but no
matter, if I'm having this thought, then surely others have it as well,
right?

[image: image.png]

Warren Parad

Founder, CTO
Secure your user data and complete your authorization architecture.
Implement Authress <https://bit.ly/37SSO1p>.