Hello  Brian,

The text was not mentioning explicitly draft-ietf-oauth-dpop-01. While re-reading the text, it only appears in a link.

I am NOT arguing that collaborationattacks are something that DPoP is expected to address. I am arguing that DPoP should mention in its Security Considerations section that collaborationattacks are something that DPoP does not address.

At the moment, section 9 (Security Considerations) of draft-ietf-oauth-dpop-01 is not conformant to RFC 3552 (Guidelines for Writing RFC Text
on Security Considerations), since section 5 from RFC 3552 states:

   Authors MUST describe

      1.   which attacks are out of scope (and why!)
      2.   which attacks are in-scope
            2.1  and the protocol is susceptible to
            2.2  and the protocol protects against

Denis

Hello Denis,

The most recent version of the DPoP draft is not draft-fett-oauth-dpop-04 but rather draft-ietf-oauth-dpop-01, which doesn't expire until November. I realize that the naming and versioning conventions of IETF documents are a bit esoteric and can lend themselves to such mistakes. But someone who insists on making unhelpful criticism of said documents should probably be more mindful of such details.

This WG (and it's not the only WG where this has happened) has repeatedly confirmed the rough consensus that these so-called collaborationattacks are not something that DPoP, or any of the other documents you've said the same about, is expected to address. Nor that there is even reason enough to think that readers need to be told so. Your personal enthusiasm for the topic does not change that and doesn't change the fundamental nature of how OAuth works.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the podcast was too long. I can certainly empathize with feeling like one's time has been wasted.