From: Dominick Baier <dba...@leastprivilege.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 00:27
To: Brian Campbell <bcampb...@pingidentity.com>, Torsten Lodderstedt
<tors...@lodderstedt.net>
Cc: Vittorio Bertocci <vittorio.berto...@auth0.com>, "oauth@ietf.org"
<oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Token Mediating and session Information Backend For
Frontend (TMI BFF)

Hey,

Tbh - I have a bit of a hard time to see why this requires a spec, if that is
all you are aiming at. Wouldn’t that be just an extension to the “OAuth for web
apps BCP?”.

All I can add here is - this approach would not work for any of our customer.
Because their real motivation is to implement a more and more common security
guideline these days - namely: “no JS-accessible tokens in the browser” - but
this document doesn’t cover this.

cheers
———
Dominick Baier

On 16. February 2021 at 22:01:37, Brian Campbell
(bcampbell=40pingidentity....@dmarc.ietf.org<mailto:bcampbell=40pingidentity....@dmarc.ietf.org>)
 wrote:

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 9:48 AM Torsten Lodderstedt