Binding the access token is not required for FAL3. FAL has nothing to say about
access tokens:

https://pages.nist.gov/800-63-FAQ/#q-c8
<https://pages.nist.gov/800-63-FAQ/#q-c8>

FAL3 is about presenting proof of a key representing the user alongside an
assertion representing the user. In OIDC this would mean something like the ID
token having a key identifier inside of it and the RP prompting the user for
the key. This has nothing to do with access tokens, or even calling an identity
API like a UserInfo Endpoint. DPoP doesn’t help with any of that since DPoP is
about access tokens.

 — Justin