> obviously we can't use any sensitive keys with these

That's not true at all, public clients can use keys that they create
themselves or are issued to a particular instance. That's one of the
reasons we are giving a name to this type of client in OAuth 2.1, a
"credentialed" client.

A public client clearly can't share credentials with other instances of the
public client, but there's no reason they can't use a key that is only ever
known to them.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 9:06 PM Ash Narayanan <ashvinnaraya...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Oh geez, yesterday was my day off but ended up down a deep rabbit hole
> after reading this draft and the ones that came before it.
>
> I do not support adoption and was going to list my reasons but Warren
> Parad beat me to it.
>
> In addition to the list he has provided, I'd also like to see the draft
> make a mention of public clients; obviously we can't use any sensitive keys
> with these.
>

> Regards,
> Ash
>
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 11:02 PM Neil Madden <neil.mad...@forgerock.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Canonicalised signature schemes inevitably lead to cryptographic doom,
>> and should die with SAML (ha!). For that reason I do not support adoption
>> of this draft.
>>
>> I also think the arguments for canonicalisation vanish as soon as you
>> want end-to-end confidentiality too.
>>
>> — Neil
>>
>> On 6 Oct 2021, at 22:02, Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <rifaat.s.i...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> All,
>>
>> As a followup on the interim meeting today, this is a *call for adoption
>> *for the *OAuth Proof of Possession Tokens with HTTP Message Signature* draft
>> as a WG document:
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richer-oauth-httpsig/
>>
>> Please, provide your feedback on the mailing list by* October 20th*.
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Rifaat & Hannes

---
Aaron Parecki