I wanted to jump back to the top of the thread to point out something that
seems to be getting missed:

This is not a call for adoption of HTTP Message Signatures. That document
already exists in the HTTP WG and will be published as an RFC from that group.
If you want to have discussions  about  how the HTTP Message Signatures
specification works, come  to the HTTP working group for those  discussions.

This is a call for adoption of an OAuth application of the HTTP Message
Signatures spec. Signatures will exist with or without the OAuth WG’s use of
it, and I would argue that people are going to attach OAuth access  tokens to
requests  using HTTP Message Signatures whether or not  the OAuth WG picks up
the work. The question is whether those  applications are going to be isolated
profiles and silos, like they are today, or whether there can be one way to use
them together across different systems.

My recommendation is that  the OAuth WG define how exactly HTTP Message
Signatures should be  used  with OAuth, which is what  this proposal is  for.

 — Justin