Am 13. Juni 2023, 12:02 +0200 schrieb Oliva Fernandez, Jorge
<Jorge.OlivaFernandez=40santander.co...@dmarc.ietf.org>:
        Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your answer but this seems still very confused to me, so just let me
put a real use case for RAR and see if I can understand correctly, suppose that
Open Banking (never mind the country) replace the lodging intent pattern with
PAR + RAR, an as already covered by OB, the debtor account is selected in the
Authorization Process where the customer authorize a payment/transfer… Where
should the AS return the “debtorAccount” field in the introspect in order to
allow the RS (or a API gateway) validate the authorization of the operation,
inside the “authorization_details” or as a root field in the JSON response?
both are valid options

Best regards.

From: OAuth <oauth-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of
"torsten=40lodderstedt....@dmarc.ietf.org"
<torsten=40lodderstedt....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Date: Tuesday, 13 June 2023 at 10:19
To: "Jorge.OlivaFernandez=40santander.co...@dmarc.ietf.org"
<Jorge.OlivaFernandez=40santander.co...@dmarc.ietf.org>
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>, Brian Campbell
<bcampbell=40pingidentity....@dmarc.ietf.org>, Kai Lehmann
<kai.lehmann=401und1...@dmarc.ietf.org>
Subject: [EXT]Re: [OAUTH-WG] RFC 9396 - RAR doubt about examples

CAUTION: This message is from an EXTERNAL sender – be vigilant, particularly
with links and attachments. If you suspect it, report it immediately using the
phishing button.
Hi,

the difference between section 7 and 9 is as Kai described it.

Section 7 is about additional data given to the client in the token response
that is needed to perform the rest of the process. Figure 17, for example,
shows how the authorization details object is enriched with the account
numbers. The client needs this data as, otherwise, it would not know which
resources to access. The way it happens is the enrichment of the authorization
details, which is part of the interoperable interface between AS and client.

Section 9, on the other hand, is about the way the AS shares data with the RS.
This interface is internal within the AS domain and (typically) proprietary. So
the AS does not need to share any data in the form of an authorization details
object, it could use a completely proprietary structure.  However, It is
straight forward to share the data as they were passed into the authorization
process (and were potentially enriched in the course of the authorization
process). It didn’t seem to be reasonable to me to do the same with the
debtorAccount data, es this data is purely between AS and RS. No-one outside of
the process will see it.

Bottomline: there is no issue with the examples. Section 9 just shows one way
to implement it, you could use other ways.

best regards,
Torsten.
Am 12. Juni 2023, 19:22 +0200 schrieb Brian Campbell