Attackers do not stick to the rules. It sounds to me like one of the
security considerations for any standard that employs json, or any other
structured data language, is to ensure that the input is validated to be
compliant. I have been in the position of trying to enforce type checking
on experienced dev teams and been told that type checking should happen
before they get the data.

thx ..Tom (mobile)