In SPICE and SCITT, we have discussed similar proposals for "identity
documents", which are essentially a signed collection of keys and
attributes.

I think a generic building block that works for JOSE and COSE would be
great.

I don't think OAuth is the right place to develop general purpose identity
credentials, but it is a great place to develop profiles of identity
credentials that are specific to authorization.

Tldr, I'm supportive of the work, and I'd like to see a COSE format that we
could use in SCITT.

OS