Hi Kevin,

thanks for posting this well-liked tour. Last years was my first and I loved
it.

You make a big mention of the waiver. For your, the clubs, protection better
check with a good lawyer re invalid waivers ! Where I come from, as former
commercial whitewater outfitter, waivers are no longer valid in risk (
adventure ) activities. A  $ 5 million insurance coverage per person is now
demanded, as I read recently in the Citizen. That will put a lot of small
outfitters and tour-planners like yourself out of business. Waivers have
always been questionable, often ridiculed by tough lawyers.

All this is apparently a result of Sept. 11.

Myself, I have asked the OBC Board for a copy of our ( I am a member )
Liability Insurance Policy for my lawyer to inspect it in case I',m involved
in a club incident where I might be sued - no success - I'm worried !!!  5
million dollars per person  multiplied by 1000 Members OBC is a lot of
money. ARE WE PROPERLY INSURED AS ACTIVE OBC MEMBERS ?

I have expertise in this matter, with 30 years  of high-risk operation
behind me.

Hermann Kerckhoff- Former Owner and Founder of The Madawaska Kanu Centre and
OWL Rafting Inc..

Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064
Website: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]