From: "jsx_consultant" <jsx-consult...@centrin.net.id>

Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 06:25:28
To: <obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [ob] Mulai pada bilang Bull atau lagi nge Bullshit ?

Mulai pada bilang Bull atau lagi nge Bullshit ?

Templeton's Mark Mobius udah mulai BEKOAR, kalah cepet
dibanding EL... hehehe...

Comment para bearish messanger gimana ?. Apa udah pada nyerah
atau mulai mau mentung ?.

Apa tunggu index jatuh baru mau mentung... hehehe...

`Bull-Market' Has Begun, Templeton's Mark Mobius Says (Update1)
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Paul Gordon and Chua Kong Ho

March 23 (Bloomberg) -- The next "bull-market" rally has begun and there are
bargains in every emerging market following a record slump in stocks, Templeton
Asset Management Ltd.'s Mark Mobius said.

"You have to be careful not to miss the opportunity," said Mobius, who helps
oversee about $20 billion of emerging- market assets at San Mateo,
California-based Templeton. "With all the negative news, there is a tendency to
hold back."

Citigroup Inc.'s analysts Markus Rosgen and Elaine Chu are among strategists
who describe recent Asian stock gains as a temporary "bear-market rally." They
remain "skeptical" because valuations have yet to plumb the lows seen in past
recessions, they said in a report today.

The MSCI Emerging Markets Index has jumped 23 percent since reaching a
four-year low on Oct. 27, outperforming the 2.5 percent drop in the MSCI World
Index and 9.5 percent decline in the Standard & Poor's 500 Index. Emerging
markets made up the 10 best-performing stock benchmark indexes this year, led
by the 26 percent gain for China's Shanghai Composite Index.

"You are going to see a lot of bouncing off the bottom because there's a
tremendous amount of uncertainty in the market," Mobius, 72, said in a
Bloomberg Television interview from Hong Kong. "But I have a feeling we're at
the bottom and now we're building a base for the next bull market."

`Top Ten'

Mobius correctly predicted in December that emerging markets will rebound
before developed nations. In 1999, he was voted among the "Top Ten Money
Managers of the 20th Century" in a survey by the Carson Group, and in 2006 he
was included in the "Top 100 Most Powerful and Influential People" by Asiamoney
magazine.

Templeton is finding "bargains" in every emerging market, which are in "better
shape" than developed economies, Mobius said. The fund is looking for companies
that are "cash-rich," have low debt and higher dividend yields, or those that
can invest for future growth yet have cash left to pay shareholders, he said.

Investors who poured $502 million into Asian equity funds over the past two
weeks may lose out once the "bear market rally" falters, Citigroup said today
in a note, citing a 30 percent drop after an initial rebound in the 1997 slump.

Fidelity Investments, the world's biggest mutual fund company, is among the
skeptics on predictions about the timing of the market cycle.

`No Crystal Ball'

"No one can call the bottom in the stock market. No one managed to do it. We
can't do it. We don't have a crystal ball," Tal Eloya, a portfolio manager at
Fidelity Investments, said in a briefing in Seoul today. "We have to think long
term and invest over a long-term horizon."

Mobius's views that stocks will rally are shared by investor Antoine van
Agtmael, who coined the term "emerging markets."

"Relative to potential sustainable growth and quality, emerging markets today
are cheaper than I have seen them at any time since I started to invest" 30
years ago, van Agtmael, who oversees about $8.6 billion as chairman and chief
investment officer at Emerging Markets Management LLC, said in a phone
interview March 19. "Things have gone too far down."

Asian stock market valuations outside of Japan fell to 0.9 times book value
during the 1975 and 1982 recessions, according to Citigroup. The MSCI Asia
excluding Japan Index is now valued at 1.3 times book value.

Brazilian oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA, Cia. Vale do Rio Doce, the
world's biggest iron-ore producer, and Chinese oil producer PetroChina Co. are
among the top holdings of Mobius's Templeton Emerging Markets Trust.

To contact the reporter on this story: Chua Kong Ho in Shanghai at
kch...@bloomberg.net; Paul Gordon in Hong Kong at pgord...@bloomberg.net

Last Updated: March 23, 2009 00:51 EDT

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional