Euroshares higher <http://www.abcmoney.co.uk/news/232007122948.htm>
mid-morning, Bank of America investment lifts confidence

LONDON (Thomson Financial) - Europe's leading exchanges were higher in
morning deals after the Bank of America made a 2 bln usd investment in
America's largest mortgage lender Countrywide Financial, which traders and
analysts deemed to be a huge sign of confidence.

At 9.45 am, the Dow Jones STOXX 50 added 28.56 points or 0.77 pct to
3,734.08 as the STOXX 600 rose 2.90 points or 0.79 pct to 371.52.

'This is a surprisingly strong recovery, if one remembers that we were
looking at some all-time lows just a week ago,' said Andreas Huerkamp,
strategist at Commerzbank said.

'This time it was the news in the US that Bank of America has agreed to
invest in Countrywide Financial. A huge signal of trust,' he added and noted
that last week's sell-off may well be the low point of this correction.

He further said that Commerzbank believes that new highs will be reached in
Germany and the European markets in the fourth quarter, while the recovery
of the financial markets continues.

http://www.abcmoney.co.uk/news/232007122948.htm

  _____