From: Adam Armstrong via observium <observium@lists.observium.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2023 10:17 PM
To: Tony Guadagno via observium <observium@lists.observium.org>
Cc: Adam Armstrong <ad...@observium.org>
Subject: [Observium] Re: my server freaks out sometimes!

This is likely a firewall or similar intervening device being unhappy at
UDP volume and rate limiting.

It's likely that your discovery run starts at midnight, so increases
SNMP UDP traffic.

adam.

Tony Guadagno via observium wrote on 22/08/2023 14:01:

*        Hi, I am using the pro version Observium 23.8.12912
(stable)<https://www.observium.org/>
I am having an issue where over the course of 2 hours (or so) all my devices go
down and then up.  It claims that it missed pings but there is no issue with
any of the devices.  This has happened to me 2 times in the past 3 months, both
times starting at midnight.
When I look in the event log, I am seeing some odd things on that date:

First, notice that there are a bunch of snmp timeouts which do not occur on any
other day.  Also, it seems that all the devices have changes...again this does
not happen on any other night.
After the first incident I increased the RAM on the server thinking that it was
constrained, but the poller info does not look bad:

I would appreciate help in determining what to look at for the cause of this.
Thanks

Tony Guadagno
O +1 585 577 1003
C +1 585 703 6700