I don't know.

This is a connectivity issue. We fork snmpwalk, if it doesn't get data from the end machine, there's not a lot we can do about that, especially if it's bizarrely intermittent.

It seems like you're having ICMP *and* UDP traffic being dropped, which might make it easier to work out why.

You'd likely never notice this kind of connectivity issue if the connectivity wasn't being relied on by something like Observium, because humans tend to just ignore momentary things.

Is there a large backup operation or some other scheduled thing happening at that time that's saturating the link?

Thanks,
adam.