It's likely that the permissions on this device's RRD folder are broken.

Check the permissions of the contents of the /opt/observium/rrd directory, you'll probably find that the directory for this device has root permissions.

You can fix them with :

chown -R observium.observium /opt/observium/rrd

Note that this only applies if this install was made via the automated install script, and the poller is run as root.

Thanks,
adam.