Hi folks,

Last week a guy came to my home and requested to cut my lawn ( which
incidentally needed some serious attention, as my regular gardener absconded )
He possessed his own shears and proceeded in doing a fair job. I gave him
breakfast and lunch and he seemed like a decent chap, which motivated me to
invite him back in order for him to trim some branches and the like.
yesterday ( sat )he arrived at 9am, but i had forgotten about our arrangement
and had already left for work.one of my tenants called me and put this chap on
his cell to discuss the payment for the job.
i told him to return today ( sun ) at 9am for another few hours and that i
should be home in time to pay him for both days. his rate is quite high - R30
p/h -  and i decided to pay him off today and find a more economically viable
person. the total would be R 240 for 8hours.

this is the part that i cannot wrap my mind around: my tenant found him in the
garden at 10.30am already going about his business, but  when questioned as to
how he managed to enter the ground without being let in via the remote
controlled electronic gate, his response was that my neighbour who has an
identical gate let him in to jump over the intermediary wall.( this i found
difficulty in believing , as my neighbour would never allow a stranger to enter
her property and jump over a wall to mine ) he calmly commenced in working in
the garden.

when i arrived home last night i entered my kitchen to find that a few small
food items had disappeared as well as my portable cd player which was
permanently parked in the kitchen as a companion.
the thought of somebody walking around freely in the sanctity of my home
disturbed and angered me profusely. when investigating it was revealed that my
neighbour was oblivious to any stranger requesting her to open the gate.she was
shocked to hear the insinuation.
my tenant in all his "wisdom" left the house and told the 'gardener'  that he
was going out and in the process created an opportunity.
this guy was in the house when he spoke to me on the tenant's cell earlier that
morning, which meant that he could have formed a plan in his mind.

the fact of the matter is that this is all conjecture and i have absolutely no
hard evidence, other than he being the only person entering the house/grounds
the entire day, aside from the tenant.

the value of the cd player is around R400 at the most and finding a quick buyer
for it should probably fetch  not more than R100

would he forfeit R 240 for the above? i suppose one never can comprehend how a
thief's mind works.

the plot will thicken if he does decide to return at 9am as arranged. he
professes not to have a contact number, so i could not follow up with him
yesterday.

if he does return, he either knows there is no proof so he has the audacity to
show his face again and get remuneration,or he is innocent ( but who stole the
goods?! )

unfortunately i am at work, because there was no way that i could stay at home,
so my tenant was instructed to contact me the moment the guy arrives
and i am duty bound to then immediately contact a patrol vehicle to approach
him and ask relevant questions regarding the situation.

He goes by the name of Abdul, coloured,slim build, appr. 5ft 10 inch , about 35
yrs old, light complexion wears a dark western style cowboy hat, well spoken in
english, no top front teeth and has a meticulous mannerism.

Just received a call and he is at the gate right now,....?