I agree with Andrew.
9.00 pm is ridiculous.
Prohibition,or laws leaning into that direction won't work, that's all
been proven long time ago.
I'm sorry, we moved to Obs about 13 years ago and the Main Road always
had pubs and restaurants, and those are naturally the places where
alcohol is consumed, and sometimes (ok, often) in excess. Every city
needs areas like this, or do you only party at home?
If one chooses to move close to that vicinity, one will have to put up
with the noise, the excess. You cannot curtail venues because of your
sleep. Of course it should all be relatively reasonable. And 9 o clock
is not reasonable.
As far as I remember,all young generations live some kind of excess,
that's a normal process. But of course there will always be people who
complain about it, too.
Personally I find it silly to even not allow alcohol sales on a Sunday
or Public Holiday. In Germany for example you can buy alcohol
anywhere, at any time. For decades. The sales times are not the issue
or cause of alcohol abuse.
It's much more important to educate people to learn how to not use
every drug that comes along in excess and become total nuisances. Or
are you going to try and forbid TV Broadcasters because your children
watch to much TV?
The litter and broken glass, well make sure someone cleans it up, like
the venue in question, and if they don't,  complain to the police.
I think there should be more decent cocktail bars in the area, a
little upmarket competition would do no harm in Obs.
Oh, and that story of Johnny's, about under 16 year olds being totally
drunk in a venue - I don't believe that. I find that most venues are
quite responsible about not serving alcohol to under 16 year olds, and
I know, because I have a 14 year old daughter.

Melanie