Shame that is terrible. I am glad you are all right.

The same thing happened to a friend in Woodstock - they were all at
home, bath time for their kids etc - 6:30pm at night. And he just
happened to step outside to have a ciggie & a guy was on his way up his
stairs into the house. Luckily the intruder got a fright & ran away. But
this all seems to fit in with something that was on carte blanche a
couple of weekends ago - apparently criminals realise that people put
their alarms, beams etc when they go to sleep at night. So now the
criminals are targeting houses between 7pm and 12pm - when people are at
home & busy doing things but are unlikely to have their alarms or beams
on. Not really sure what the answer to this is unless we all intend to
barricade ourselves in our houses from the minute we get home from work
- quite difficult to do when summer is coming on & the evenings are so
lovely!

Regards,

Carys Walsh
Senior Tax Consultant