Dear Observatory residents,

The Observatory Festival of Arts and the OBSID would like to thank all local
residents and business owners for their patience and understanding. This
weekend’s events have been a learning curb for both parties.

We were disappointed at finding out that residents were given grief from
staff that we employed this past weekend. Despite all personnel having been
briefed on the practice of good faith where residents were concerned, some
problems still arose with travelling to and from the stores and homes
with-in the festival area.

Please accept our sincere apologies if you were inconvenienced by this.
Kindly note that we have confirmed that there was no trickery from staff
with ticket prices – as the entry points were meticulously cashed up.

Some negative reports from the media have also arisen. These have been in
regards to an incident involving a man being murdered outside a night club.
Having looked at the facts we feel that this incident was unrelated to the
festival – having happened both outside of the festival borders and many
hours after the festival had dispersed.

Working on the festival we invested the majority of our efforts into
logistics and security in order to make the festival as safe and enjoyable
as possible. During the festival hours there were not any security issues or
violent behaviour - and festival goers reported having enjoyed their visit.

We hope that more locals got some joy from our efforts and extend our
deepest regrets to those who were inconvenienced.

Kind regards,

Ancois

OBSID

for and on behalf of the Observatory Festival of Arts