Hi Brian

Thanks for bringing attention to the money we have donated to date.
The annual figures were presented at the recent AGM as are currently
monthly figures are presented each month at the meetings which occur
on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Community Centre at 6pm.

We will try and communicate better with our members and the people of
Obs and any other interested parties in the future and make available
minutes of all meetings on our website - obs.org.za

Briefly, some organisations are getting money as they asked or
approached and were noticed by committee members. Those two
organisations - which you note have received very little have never
applied for funding. And the are outside the OCA area of Observatory -
1 of the criteria required but that which is not necessarily strictly
adhered to as Home SPM is outside Obs.

see http://www.obs.org.za/oca/20-oca-info/72-home-spm-what-they-do

Here is a piece on the City of Cape Town site -
http://www.capetown.gov.za/en/subcouncils/Subcouncil15/Pages/OCAsupportslocalNGOs.aspx

Betha Rapha is a drug treatment house and we were sponsoring an
individual who has since left the house. - see
http://www.obs.org.za/oca-information/14-oca-news/91-beth-rapha-threatened-with-closure-funding-appeal

Adonis Musati is a organization that provides humanitarian aid to
refugees - see http://www.adonismusatiproject.org/

The Shine Centre is a volunteer driven NGO. Our programme provides
support in literacy and language enrichment to second language
children in the Foundation Phase (Grade R-Grade 3). In this case the
money was for books for the library at Obs Junior School - see
http://www.theshinecentre.org.za/

Stamp is not an organisation! You have misunderstood the annotation -
this was I believe for a rubber stamp with the OCAs name on it to
stamp in the donated books!!!

I can also say more recently we agreed to fund a student nature
conservator who will be working three days a week on the Liesbeek
river - the funding was in the region of R5000 for 8 months.

All funding has to be approved by a majority vote in a committee
meeting. The funding proposal needs to re circulated to committee
members before a committee meeting. Discussions as to the merits take
place at the meeting and a decision is made. Organisations receiving
ongoing funding which is time limited, send reports to the OCA
accounting for the use thereof.

The minutes of the last meeting I will make available in draft form as
soon as the secretary sends them to me! Remember these will be draft
and subject to changes and approval at the following meeting.

Applications for funding are also welcomed - contact me or any
committee member directly via email.

I hope that answers all your queries Brian.

Cheers

Trev
Chair OCA

PS As this is not crime related at all please direct any follow
discussion to the iloveobs google group by starting a new thread there
- many thanks.