On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Justin Ashley
<justin.ash...@bridge-pt.com>wrote:

> So tell me, what else exactly should the 'authorities' do?

Thanks Justin - I am aware of the measures that have been taken to help
Colin buit after 14 years of living in Obs and seeing Colin plus the 5
years I lived in Mowbray/Rosebank also seeing Colin it really appears as if
nothing has been done for him. You only need to look at Rob Gaylards Social
Issues Forum to see that the "authorities" don;t even care enough to send
representatives to the meetings. In my mind they are not doing the jobs
that we pay them to do if a guy like Colin still is on the streets

Perhaps a radical (for some on the conservative side) new approach needs to
be taken. How about an accommodation centre in the city or suburbs that
allows the homeless people to shelter their under their OWN conditions. SO
none of this segregation of the sexes nonsense that happens in some
shelters. Away with "silly" rules like no alcohol and drugs. In fact these
should be provided free of charge to the residents after they come back
home at curfew time. Hell no what curfew - there will be no curfew.

In the centres they can be offered counselling and drug and alcohol
addiction can be addressed for those willing to be helped. The residents
will run these facilities them selves or have a large hadn in deciding on
how the allocated spending money should be budgeted - ie what food and
booze to buy, household goods maintenance issues etc. They can be
encouraged to garden and grow their own food.

Utopian? Possibly. Would it work? Possibly? Is the current system working?
What system?!

What a shame the government sees fit to waste our taxpayers money on
propping up illigitate regimes ion foreign countries and building mansions
for the (corrupt) Jacob Zuma. I would far rather see my tax money spent on
social uplifting programs and human investment.

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Trev

--
OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room
021-447-1066 072-063-1653

For all emergencies please dial 10111

to obsnw+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.