>From my position, this establishment is currently the noisiest in Obz.
Wednesday through to Sunday I am hearing the thud of their music in my bed,
wearing earplugs, through to the morning hours. I've called Woodstock
police regularly to make noise complaints, yet no perceptable action is
being taken, in fact the music's generally become louder over the last few
weeks.

A big reason why the club is so noisy is because they simply leave their
front doors open and there is no noise dampening , such as curtains or foam
on the walls, effectively turning the space into an amplifier.

The establishment itself actually has a cool vibe, popular mostly with
seemingly Nigerian & Central African patrons. Which makes me wonder whether
the nature of it's clientele is having a part to play for the police's
inaction? Or maybe it's because I've called the police that often, they now
just ignore me. Sometimes I'm hung-up on without being asked for my
particulars.

Whatever may be, if this place continues in the manner it is, it's a safe
bet any gains made over the last few years mediating noise in Obz will be
lost. Other clubs are also flaunting noise restrictions more and more, such
as Cafe Ganesh, who are now hosting regular dance parties on the weekend.
The structure of their building also having an amplifying nature, but their
noise is leaked out from the open rooftop

If you are also being affected by club noise, please comment. Or if you'd
rather not (my preference is to remain anonymous for now), please don't
hesitate taking action by calling the Police and the Liquor Board.

Woodstock Police - 021 442 3121
Liquor board - 0860 142 142

And if anyone has further advice on what can be done, that would also be
appreciated. I understand that there are more formal protocols that can be
pursued, but I can't seem to find that information.

OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room
021-447-1066 072-063-1653

For all emergencies please dial 10111

to obsnw+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.