Hi
Not great news about your situation and to read of your accounts re
Ezethebeni Braai Lounge, and even further afield in Obs.  I share your
frustration and anxiety, if I may call it that, in that a few of us as
activists against these type of disturbances, had made hundreds to near a
thousand of similar type calls as your self, and spent myriad of hours in
our activism recording and collating the information and in trying to
activate the various liquor governing or controlling Agencies, whether
directly affected or acting on behalf of others.

According to a meeting a number of months ago, that a few of the Obs Liquor
role players had arranged and attended with the Liquor board, City Health,
Metro Liquor Enforcement Unit and the local SAPS designated police officer
(DPO), there is some hope in sight but it will call for a focused process
on your part as an individual affected by the effects of liquor
establishment, i.e. noise, malpractices, sale or use of drugs on or by
their clientele, under aged patrons, problem licences or late closing hours
etc,.  The authorities were busy streamlining their departments and
processes in order to deal faster and harder against liquor perpetrators.
We should thus engage and endear the Agencies/Authorities for support and
action to be taken by them, and not be afraid of them. It is very
unfortunate that bureaucratic processes often slows down their expected
action against perpetrators and even smothers affected resident's hopes of
ever finding solutions or retribution for liquor malpractices.

As individuals we need to present them with the right information to enable
them to act out their controls and enforcement, and I dare note, we need to
keep them hot about it, iow, inquire the action that was taken upon your
recent or last notice/s.

I therefore suggest.
Complete an Affidavit via your local SAPS (Woodstock) which should contain:

   - your name, address, id, and any other situation specifics.
   - name and address of the transgressing establishment.
   - date, time and description of the incident of complaint or disturbance.
   - reference number/s of actual complaint, or any previous complaints.
   - what you expect to be done about the matter.
   - what was not done about the mater.

The OBSID in many respects are now attending to some matters regarding
liquor malpractices and Ursula could be contacted to inquire or inform
regarding your situation.

I suggest make copies of your affidavit and submit/distribute as follows:

   - original - Woodstock DPO (Warrant Officer Shell/Sergeant Prins) and
   request proof of submission.
   - copy - Mr Shawn Willemse - WC  a  Liquor Authority - shawn.willemse@
   live.co.za - Please request a Complaints form from this department which
   is a new process and which should be engaged and proven.
   - copy - Ms Leedo  - City Health WC - ,bettie.le...@capetown.gov.za
   - copy  Mr Ladegourdie - Metro Liquor Law Enforcement Unit  -
   nathan.ladegour...@capetown.gov.za
   - copy Ms Van Stavel  - OBSID Manager - c...@obsid.org.za
   - copy - retain for your own records.
   - email communication to DPO - Sergeant Prins  - woodstock...@saps.gov.za
   - emailed notice or copy optional - Henk, Frank, James, Brian - kindly
   inquire email addresses if need be.

Always make your telephonic complaints to the numbers below *and
request reference numbers and name of the **attendant* in each of your
complaints:
METRO:  021 590 ......
SAPS: 10111 -

All the above is in my opinion and best known practices - commments or
correcttions are welcome.

Trusting the above would be of value and support in your plight of
continuous liquor transgressions.

Kind regards(On furlough abroad)

James