Hi James

I am not clear on what happens next... in fact I am completely new to this
and don't really fully understand how the system works at all.

I am more than happy to help as much as needed but I will need someone to
clarify my role and walk me through what I need to do.

Thank you in advance for your help.

With warm wishes
Thekla Salmon

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 1:14 PM, James Cowley <jamesobs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A good turnout of 47 residents and business owners attended the ONW
> Special General Meeting and helped in a good old ‘Hartlyvale’ style
> ‘Kickoff’of the ONW’s ball game of making a difference against crime in
> Observatory, hearty thanks to all who attended.
>

> The ONW 2015 membership drive amounted to 84 residents and business owners
> who joined the ONW so far and is 16 members short of having had my pony
> tail and hair cut for the ONW Kickoff challenge and for a Cancer Shavethon
> fundraiser. Appreciation is expressed to Frank Schuitemaker who assisted me
> in the membership drive and to Kwikspar for the use of their premises.
>

> Principal Inspector Jason Hamilton, of the Metro Law Enforcement Training
> unit in Observatory, conveyed in simple terms, how we as members of
> neighborhood watches can be trained  to assist the Metro in dealing with
> crime in our own areas - more about this will follow soon.
>

> The ONW’s finances was bolstered with donations received from Premier
> Security, Green Elephant, Riverview Lodge and a resident which amounted to
> R9,675.00, some of which was spent on acquiring 5 more two way radios,  6
> batteries, 3 chargers, advertising costs, the remainder of R4,541.05 to be
> used to pay off a backlog of R10,125.00 on the ONW’s radio network
> frequency annual fees payable to ICASA, and will result in a bit more
> fundraising to be done, thus will be covering us into 2016. Appreciation is
> also expressed to OBSLIFE for the distribution of our ONW advertising
> flyers.
>

> The election of ONW 2015 Committee office bearers was undertaken by Brian
> Amery, the CEO of OBSID, usually one of our Obs Councillors would officiate
> in the proceedings but both could unfortunately not attend.  The ONW is
> very pleased that a young vibrant Committee was elected to run the business
> of the ONW until the AGM to be held in October 2015.  The members elected
> were:
>
> Chairperson – Chris Wiche;
>
> Deputy Chairperson – James Cowley;
>
> Secretary – Jenny Calder;
>
> Treasurer – Vivian Yang.
>
> The ONW Sector Leaders were:
>
> Red Sector – Craig Bartlett;
>
> Blue Sector - Thekla Salmon;
>
> Orange Sector – Jonah Sacks;
>
> Green Sector – Paul Avenant.
>
> The Yellow and Pink Sectors were unfortunately left vacant.
>

> Congratulations to those elected!  In closing, the ONW patrollers were
> offered bicycles while on patrol from the 'bicycle man' in Station Road.
> The minutes of meeting will expand on more of the meetings proceedings. If
> you have not yet joined the ONW, kindly consider the attached ONW
> application form
> James
>
>  --
> OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room
>
> TEL: 021-447-1066 or 072-063-1653
>
> EMERGENCIES: 10111

> ---
> "The Observatory Neighbourhood Watch" group.
> [...]

Thekla Salmon

Cell: 082 473 1663

www.domesticgoddesses.co.za