From:"Annemarie du Bois" <adub...@telkomsa.net>
Date:Wed, 19 Aug, 2015 at 16:43
Subject:RE: [obsnw] Stolen Car

I noticed a blue  0ld style Kombi  (navy )  parked right at the very end of
Herschell Road, meeting up with Norwich  Lane, to the extent that it was
dangerous for me to turn right as it was a complete blind corner for me to turn
into , however I managed and took the turn left placing my car at risk.    .
A coloured man was sitting inside the car.

I noticed OBSID van standing in Wrench Road,  next to the school and I  drove
down quickly to report that suspicious looking vehicle.  One guard , was
standing outside talking to the driver.    I told them to quickly go down
London to check this vehicle out and then I saw the car in my rear view mirror
turning into London but reversing back into Norwich Road.

I asked the guards to hurry as he could be moving off.  As usual the guard
gave me a totally ignorant look and smile and took very little notice of what I
said , until I raised my voice and said they are too slow.

It is impossible to  have pro- active guarding  with guards , who simply do not
have what it takes and until that is changed,  we will remain to be at huge
risk in OBS  and most of our own efforts, to report and be the eyes and ears ,
is a waste of our time and energy to a large extent.    We will only ever be
able to be re-active in our efforts.

Good eve.