Sorry for all the questions .. , as always I appreciate any of the input you can provide  :-)

After some Monkeying around I got to where I can install the UEK Kernel on Centos/RHEL (Unbreakable 5.5) systems by running ...

On a Unbreakable Linux (RHEL) 5.5 Servers

yum --disableexcludes=all --disablerepo base --disablerepo updates --enablerepo el5_u5_base --enablerepo ol5_u5_base  install kernel

On a Centos 5.5 Servers

yum --disableexcludes=all --enablerepo el5_u5_base --enablerepo ol5_u5_base  install kernel

So the questions:

1.- Once I do that I would install oracle-linux on the Unbreakable Linux Servers via YUM and make sure I have installed ocfs2-tools-1.6.3-2.el5 and ocfs2console-1.6.3-2.el5 on the Centos/RHEL 5.5 Servers
Right ?

2.- Once I have 1.6 Installed can I simply use the existing OCFS2 Volumes formatted with 1.4.7 or do I have to reformat them with 1.6 ?

3.- If I want to use 1.4 I can just simply boot the old kernel, Right ? Even if I formatted the volumes with 1.6 ?

4.- Is there a compatibility mode that can be enabled to have the 1.6 kernel Modules allow to talk to a server with 1.4 installed ?

Please not that My "intention" with all this is to have me get to the 1.6 code to avoid hitting some of the issues existing with 1.4.7

Thanks !

--

Adrian Salaices
Sr. Linux Administrator