Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
Le mardi 1 septembre 2009 22:02:43 Jean-Christian de Rivaz, vous avez écrit :
With GPRS support, Ofono become very interesting!

I failed to understand how the "isi_gprs" code in your patch communicate
with a PPP stack.

That would be because it does NOT use a PPP stack.

ISI modems have their own IP path using a dedicated kernel driver (net/phonet/pep-gprs.c in Linux 2.6.28 amd later). There is no point in using the PPP line discipline.

Thanks for the explanation. I will start learning how phonet works. But
I expect there exists a PPP stack somewhere in phonet because the modem
I use don't have one. And I don't think it's possible to have a IP link
over GPRS without the PPP protocol between them.

Jean-Christian de Rivaz