Hi Waldo,

> > > User, as well as intelligent (connectivity-aware) applications, need to
> > > know about this so that they understand why "Internet" is momentarily
> > > broken. It's as simple as that.
>
> +1

they need to know if they can do something useful with this information.
If not, then this state is just pointless. However the D-Bus API is the
wrong location for this detail.

> > > Oh we could also use the network device carrier flag, and then use
> > > Netlink (and we probably should do that too), but we all know how
> > > horrible Netlink is from userland.
> >
> > Using IFF_RUNNING and IFF_LOWER_UP sounds more reasonable then some
> > suspended state.
>
> IF_OPER_DORMANT seems a more accurate reflection of the state.

Yep. That sounds good. We don't use that in ConnMan right now, but that
can be fixed of course. I still need to figure out what we are suppose
to do when this gets signaled to us.

Regards

Marcel