2009/11/21  <morp...@gravedo.de>:
> I am currently working on the implementation of
> the basics I found out about the protocol. I split the whole code into
> two projects: msmcommd and libmsmcomm. msmcommd is a daemon which does
> all the link layer protocol handling which is required to speak probably
> with the modem. The library libmsmcomm is an easy utilitiy to format
> the different messages type and decode them on receive.
>
> The link layer part is nearly done. Establishment of a link should work
> and on the handling of sending and receiving data I am currently
> working.
>
> When libmsmcomm and msmcommd are done I have the plan to open from
> fsogsmd a network channel to msmcommd and send all my telephony commands
> to msmcommd whichs put them into link layer frames and sends them to the
> modem.

I like the idea of libmsmcomm as a library, this means it may be easy
in the future to make an oFono plugin linked against the library.  I
don't think having a separate daemon and another communication channel
between what is eventually a dialer or sms app, and the modem is such
a good idea (with the D-Bus socket, D-Bus daemon, FSO and serial
driver already there)

Regards