Hi Remi,

There are actually usecases for being attached and not having an active
context.  Most of this comes from weird devices that cannot be attached to GSM
& GPRS at the same time or have other limitations.

We also have MO SMS bearer selection (+CGSMS) to consider here.

Not to mention that the network can actually activate a context on the modem
without user action which is used in IMS I believe.

And of course context activation latency is also something to consider.

Please don't just say 'It sucks' or 'I don't like this', offer up what *you*
think the API should look like.  The most appropriate time was in September
when we were having these design discussions, but it is never too late to
change it.

Regards,
-Denis