Hi Remi,

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:27:26 +0100, Marcel Holtmann <mar...@holtmann.org>
>
> wrote:
> > there has to be a mapping on some level. At least one driver has to do
> > some sort of mapping. If you have a better idea to handle it in the core
> > daemon, please propose something.
>
> Of course we have context ID. But we cannot manage them ourselves - the
> modem does it.

A context atom in ofono represents the active/activating context.  The id is
managed by the core since the majority of the hardware in this world does it
like this.  There can be several gprs-context atoms present in a modem at
once.  So context management inside the gprs context would be extremely
tricky.

I suggest you store the id in a private struct and let the modem pick you one.
As long as you notify oFono of context deactivation using the id it gave you,
everyone is happy.

Regards,
-Denis