On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:17:49 -0600
Denis Kenzior <denk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > +                   } else {
> > +                           /* store last flag character */
> > +                           link->buffer[link->index++] = data[pos];
> > +                           frame = ppp_decode(link, link->buffer);
>
> This function along with ppp_decode do almost exactly the same thing as
> gsm0710_advanced_extract_frame in gsm0710.c.  They both do HDLC frame
> decoding, and the only difference I can see is in the fcs table.  Can we
> combine these somehow?

Possibly - although in theory in addition to the escaping that you do
in the gsm0710 code, we have to support a negotiated accm (which you see
I've not yet implemented here).  We also in theory should support PFC and
ACFC (which the one modem I tested with required, otherwise it refused to
ack my Configure-Request).  I think there may eventually be enough
differences to keep these separate.