Hi Kristen,

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:17:49 -0600
>
> Denis Kenzior <denk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > +                 } else {
> > > +                         /* store last flag character */
> > > +                         link->buffer[link->index++] = data[pos];
> > > +                         frame = ppp_decode(link, link->buffer);
> >
> > This function along with ppp_decode do almost exactly the same thing as
> > gsm0710_advanced_extract_frame in gsm0710.c.  They both do HDLC frame
> > decoding, and the only difference I can see is in the fcs table.  Can we
> > combine these somehow?
>
> Possibly - although in theory in addition to the escaping that you do
> in the gsm0710 code, we have to support a negotiated accm (which you see
> I've not yet implemented here).  We also in theory should support PFC and
> ACFC (which the one modem I tested with required, otherwise it refused to
> ack my Configure-Request).  I think there may eventually be enough
> differences to keep these separate.

You will have to explain to me what that all means ;)  However, it would be
ideal if we can create a set of utilities that can be shared between ppp and
mux code (maybe with extra configuration parameters turning on/off or passing
in
parameters required for pfc/acfc/accm support.)

No sense writing, testing and debugging (and more importantly maintaining) the
same code twice.

Regards,
-Denis