Hi Dario,

> Hi Denis,
>
> > The current semantics are that the DBusMessage returns only when the SMS
> > has been successfully sent to the network, or oFono determined that it
> > cannot send it.  So you can assume that SMS is pending as soon as
> > dbus_message_send is performed by your client.  And that SMS has been
> > sent/failed as soon as the message call returns.
>
> This means I will have to use a synchronous call and wait for the
> response? I suppose an error response will mean a send failure, is it
> correct?

Ideally nobody should ever use synchronous calls unless the DBus bindings are
broken.  In low-level D-Bus you would use a pending call here.

> >> 2) handling incoming messages when application is (re)starting/crashed:
> >> is there a way to retrieve a message if it comes in during a phase where
> >> the application is not running or it can't receive the IncomingMessage
> >> signal? Does oFono logs or stores the messages somewhere?
> >
> > This is what the history plugin is for.  History is notified when an SMS
> > comes in and can persist this information however it wishes.  The plugin
> > can even define its own D-Bus interface for notifying external clients if
> > needed.
>
> OK, as per our IRC conversation I'm interested in writing an SQLite
> history plug-in to store calls and SMSes infos, so I'll try to design a
> simple DB and post it here in a few days.
> Would it be a problem to have libsqlite as dependency of oFono? Is there
> a way to let it out of the project or however do you consider it a
> useful dependency for other (future) purposes?

As long as it is a plugin and automake magic properly written (e.g. allows --
disable / autodetection) it shouldn't be a problem.  But let us cross that
bridge when we get to it.

> Thank you very much in advance, best regards,
> Dario.

Regards,
-Denis