Hi,

> Yes, the driver api may need a change like this.  The current API was
created based on the fact that many modems don't understand anything
other than DCS = 15.  However
> with STK's "Send USSD" command, sending the requested DCS as-is is
probably our best bet.

> There is a hope that most modems implement Send USSD in their firmware
so that ofono doesn't have to do anything (this is the case on the Texas
Instruments Calypso modem), > do you have a modem that you know does not
handle Send USSD internally?  Of course it makes sense to implement the
fallback in ofono anyway.

> Have you been working on implementation of this command? I'm asking to
avoid duplicating the effort.

No, I dont have any modem which doesn't handle the Send USSD command
internally.

Yes, I have done some implementation. Planning to test it with the
phonesim. If needed, I can do the implementation of the Send USSD
command.

Regards,
jeevaka

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.