On 11/23/2010 07:41 PM, ext Denis Kenzior wrote:
On 11/22/2010 10:36 AM, Andras Domokos wrote:
Dial strings can now be as long as 120 digits (not counting '+'). This feature
is going to be needed by the FDN feature.

An FDN may consist of a phone number plus a DTMF string. In order to have the
call succeed when FDN is enabled, both parts need to be provided when making a
call, as a single dial string.
So as mentioned previously, oFono does not support FDN.  So why are we
doing this again?

Even if we don't support FDN at this point, there is still a remaining
related issue, who we are going to dial numbers like:

12345456p1234#1111

I think the the dial string could still be passed to the voicecall driver
that will take care of the modem specific details, most importantly
playing the DTMF tones and generating the tone events that would be
propagated back to voicecall manager and to D-Bus from there.
For AT modems the long dial string can be and has to be passed as is to the
Most AT modems have serious limitations on how many characters are
supported in the dial string.  Not to mention that the pause character
doesn't really always work.

I can understand supporting long dialing numbers, but supporting dial
strings is something else entirely...

Regards,
-Denis
Regards,