Hi all,

We have started to investigate LTE impact on oFono,
specifically how to integrate LTE and initial PDN connection,
and we have some questions regarding this.

This raises some questions about the handling of
ConnectionContexts.

When a terminal attach to LTE network it would
normally do an implicit context activation request
associated to attach request (+CGATT=1).
When the context activation is completed this will
result in an event notifying about the activated PDN
connection according to
27.007 10.1.19 Packet Domain event reporting +CGEREP.

+CGEV: ME PDN ACT <cid>

At this point we have a "connection context" in the modem.

The question is then, how should we model this in oFono?
Should we assume/require that a Connection Context
already is created by ConnMan and pre-exists in
oFono (possibly with a flag indicating that this
represents the initial PDN, or perhaps just taking
the "internet" ConnectionContext)?
Or should oFono automatically create a Connection Context?

Furthermore, should oFono automatically proceed and
set Active=true, bind the connection to a network interface
and set network interface in state UP, or should the
ConnectionContext initially set Active=false,
waiting for ConnMan to activate it?

Regards,
Sjur